This counseling is designed to assist those individuals who wish to prepare for homeownership. There are many things to consider before purchasing a home and a housing counselor is your best guide.
Where to begin?
- Attend a first time home-buyer class or call 303-572-9445 for an appointment
What to expect?
- The counselor will review your credit and financial status
- The counselor will help you understand the home buying process including selecting a home and qualifying for a mortgage.
- You and the counselor will develop an ACTION plan that will help you be successful in your desire to own a home.
What You Will Need for the Appointment
- Intake packet (completed)
- Supporting documentation (please bring copies we can keep)
- Proof of income
- Bank statements
- Credit report (if you have one)
- Any other relevant information. (You can discuss specifics when you make the appointment with your counselor)